Header Ads

After watching a ton of Anime this summer Bay's Transformers is making more sense

Alright, this is going to be a bit of a strange explanation but roll with me and I promise it'll make (some) sense by the end.

Like many of you, I was pretty satisfied with Bay's first TF film. Not blown away, but def walked out of the theatre thinking "kids are going to love it and we can keep building from here." Only to be proven very wrong. And I guess the question I was left with by the end of the last film was: why? Why was it so absolutely nonsensical, fragmented, and ... this most of all for me ... was the humor so completely off tone.

However! After watching about 40+ anime series over the summer for a university assignment... I started to see something I hadn't before in the TF series. I think, at some point, Bay and the team decided to try and emulate what makes anime really successful in a lot of ways. Albeit they failed spectacularly but if you look at the TF series under an anime lens and look for all of the successful elements you can see they are there - utterly forced in place and executed with the finesse of a jackhammer - but there nonetheless.

Has anyone else noticed this?

submitted by /u/LightningScar80
[link] [comments]

from Movie News and Discussion https://ift.tt/322hmmN
via Whole story

No comments

Powered by Blogger.