Header Ads

Movie Talk Day 54: If you could own any movie prop, what would you want?

Introduction

I thought it would be fun to start some discussions from a family card game, Movie Talk, which I never got to play with my family. The fifty-first (and final) card I pulled said:

“The Chevy Camaro used in the 2007 film Transformers was auctioned for over $40,000 for charity. Steven Spielberg purchased the famous wooden sled “Rosebud” used in the movie Citizen Kane for about $600,000.

If you could own any move prop, what item would you want?”

Well, here we are. We have made it to the final question. I figured this would be a fun one to conclude on. Just a bit of fantasy/wish fulfillment. I love movie props, so this is going to be very hard, but what I came up with was:

I’ve always wanted to find a really good replica of The Board Game from Jumanji, so owning an actual prop would be the next best thing. I found a replica of it fairly recently, but was disappointed to learn it was plastic, and that no wooden replicas were actually available.

I have a replica of the Mask from The Mask that a friend of mine 3D printed for me. It is unbelievably cool and I wouldn’t trade it for the world, but I would love to also have an actual prop from the movie. If not the Mask, I would love to own Stanley Ipkiss’s “power tie.” I see a lot of people clamoring for the tie that he worse as The Mask, but I really like the tie he wears in the beginning of the movie.

A while back I saw an A24 Auction for items from The Lighthouse, and my first thought (after “I won’t be able to afford any of this) was how cool it would be to own The Light from the movie. The auction item appeared to be a replica, but since this post is about wish fulfillment, I think it would be really cool to own the actual Light.

Honorable Mentions: Any Artifact from the Indiana Jones Movies: I’ve loved the Indiana Jones movies since I was a kid, and owning an artifact prop was always one of my dream. The reason I put this in honorable mentions is because I couldn't think of just one.

TLDR: If you could own any move prop, what item would you want?

Previous Card

And that’s it. That’s all I have. If anyone would like to send me questions for future Movie Talks, I’d love to keep it going, but the cards are finally out. I would like to give a very large thank you to everyone who commented. Now it's time I start getting around to watching all of your recommendations!

submitted by /u/DParks247
[link] [comments]

from Movie News and Discussion https://ift.tt/3mamHki
via Whole story

No comments

Powered by Blogger.