Header Ads

Question about Donnie Darko

So I watched Donnie Darko for the first time last night, and really enjoyed it. Obviously, I was super confused by the ending so I was determined to make sense of it via the internet. I think I have a pretty good understanding of the overall plot now that I know about the tangent universe, primary universe, manipulated dead and living, etc... but I still don’t understand why Frank woke Donnie up in the first place. From my understanding that singular event is what caused the tangent universe to be created, so if franks purpose was to help Donnie understand his mission to sacrifice himself for the sake of the universe, why not just let him die to the plane crash in the first place to avoid the creation of the unstable tangent universe?

Edit: fixed the formatting

submitted by /u/AJM10801
[link] [comments]

from Movie News and Discussion https://ift.tt/3a9Comr
via Whole story

No comments

Powered by Blogger.