Header Ads

After putting it off for years out of a dislike of Jim Carey, I’ve finally watched the Truman Show

What a great movie. I feel like I don’t say that a lot; every time I’ve watched a movie that’s been hyped up for me, I end up feeling kinda “meh” on it

Not this time!

The irony, even from the very beginning, of viewers/show staff commenting on how it goes from “so authentic and real” to “scripted and controlled, but still real!” is even more pertinent today in the age of fake ass influencers. The product placement integration was hilarious too, “who are you talking to!?”

And then there’s the other side - the things people in the entertainment industry are put through for the sake of other people’s entertainment, only to end up completely disposable and discarded with no second thought.

Yeah I dunno, great movie

submitted by /u/DiscoDingoDoggo
[link] [comments]

from Movie News and Discussion https://ift.tt/3gmTzmx
via Whole story

No comments

Powered by Blogger.