Header Ads

I went to a movie theater yesterday for the first time in months, and I didn’t realize how much I missed the experience.

My movie theater opened up recently, and they’ve been showing past blockbusters to make up for no new movies. This weekend, they showed the 1989 Batman movie. I thought it be a fun experience since I didn’t get the chance to see that in the theater (I wasn’t born yet).

Full disclosure, I wouldn’t have gone if I wasn’t fairly certain that I would be one of the only ones there. I’m immunocompromised so I need to be extra cautious. However, they’re located in a fairly small area and their website didn’t show anyone else reserving seats. I also made sure not to touch anything.

That being said, the last movie I saw in the theater was 1917, and I forgot how pardon my cheesiness magical the theater experience was. From feeling the Danny Elfman score swell up the room, to seeing the shadow of the bat cover the huge screen, to little things like the added resolution and sound effects, it all made me so gosh darn happy. It felt like I was apart of Gotham and it made me feel like a kid again.

I’m not advocating for everyone to go out immediately and see the first movie you can, like I said I wouldn’t have gone if I didn’t know that it was safe, I just don’t want people to forget the experience when it is safer to go. The theater is a wonderful place for escapism and entertainment and I can’t wait until it’s safe to go regularly again.

submitted by /u/disablednerd
[link] [comments]

from Movie News and Discussion https://ift.tt/3e2OI8R
via Whole story

No comments

Powered by Blogger.