Header Ads

E.T. is phenomenal

I just finished ET last night with my 6 year old.

Wow. I had forgotten just how compelling that film is.
To be honest lockdown has meant that we've watched more than our share of My Little Pony and other movies/shows geared towards her. So on "movie night" I was looking forward to something a little bit more for me. But she was engaged and invested right away. She started with the premise that aliens are scary and to be feared but the film immediately made her feel for ET and be rooting for him(?)

Then I was looking forward to laughing at the 80s-ness. And sure, his "phone" was a bit rudimentary, moms hair and 'work clothes' and the Head Surgeon's glasses all made me laugh, but all in all it was made is such a timeless way - kids banding together against grownups, racing through neighborhoods on bikes they know better than adults with roadmaps.

I really think its embedded a love of movies in my daughter!

submitted by /u/Sourdough85
[link] [comments]

from Movie News and Discussion https://ift.tt/2yVAEPv
via Whole story

No comments

Powered by Blogger.